Petroleum Equipment Forum
Petroleum Equipment Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Users | Search | Help
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Business, Service & Construction
 Service & Technical
 DCR Poll Error's, Intermittent of Course
Bookmark and Share
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

fatboy

USA
1501 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  18:01:04  Show Profile
Ruby (NO Sapp), Ovation w/IX-Cats SPM (Latest from Dresser), ECU w/Hyper-Pib & CAT-IF (Only thing used On-Site, everything else New, was a raze/rebuild) . Random DCR (Only) Poll Errors, Fuel Comm--OK, intermittent and will stop fueling somewhere in middle of transactions. Possible Network issue ? (SHELL SITE). Pulled another PDL today and Owner ordered Cat-IF Bd.

.......... Jumpin' Jack Flash, It's a Gas! Gas! Gas! ------The Rolling Stones

shanemeco

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  18:11:54  Show Profile
Could be a number of things, but if you suspect the CAT board then you could always try installing a B&B to eliminate it.
Go to Top of Page

fatboy

USA
1501 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  18:14:58  Show Profile
How would a B&B Conn. help if not needed in ECU ?

Go to Top of Page

shanemeco

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  18:32:23  Show Profile
You don't have to use the CAT board in the EC. You can use a B&B instead.
Go to Top of Page

shanemeco

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  18:46:42  Show Profile
One other thing to check would be the date and time on the IX boards.
Go to Top of Page

bsmacks76

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  19:00:14  Show Profile
are they IX red or blue boards? Guessing red if they're new. Have been told that the new reds work best with a separate set of twisted pair comm wire. Most earlier installs were pulled in with a 4 conductor. Something too check out.

Yes..this pump is out of service. I'm trying to lower the prices if you would like too wait.
Go to Top of Page

shanemeco

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  19:10:59  Show Profile
This is why I mentioned checking the date and time.

From Wayne's SPM startup and service manual:

NOTE: TIME ENTRY IS ESSENTIAL SINCE THE IX AUTOMATICALLY RESETS
ONCE EVERY 24 HRS AT 2:00 AM.
Go to Top of Page

lewichris

USA
1889 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  19:23:36  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by shanemeco

This is why I mentioned checking the date and time.

From Wayne's SPM startup and service manual:

NOTE: TIME ENTRY IS ESSENTIAL SINCE THE IX AUTOMATICALLY RESETS
ONCE EVERY 24 HRS AT 2:00 AM.

Beat me too it. Seen this with my own eyes.

You can do whatever you want. It is your Equipment. Just don't do it at 3:00 on Friday afternoon when i am on-call
Go to Top of Page

ScottW

USA
892 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  04:33:32  Show Profile
check all of the com wires...polarity wise...I have had 1 dispenser/cat/dpt with a reversed polarity do the same thing. Yes it would work intermittently, but would cycle all of the cats and fuel comm at different times.
Go to Top of Page

Kperlow

USA
2925 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  06:16:29  Show Profile
Shell cut off all ruby only sites a long time ago.
Go to Top of Page

Sam1380

175 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  08:08:21  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kperlow

Shell cut off all ruby only sites a long time ago.

That is what I was thinking too.

I'm not the way I am cause I'm Petro Tech I'm a Petro Tech cause the way I am.

Ya'll got all that stupid in one car
Go to Top of Page

cantdrive55

958 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  10:25:18  Show Profile  Visit cantdrive55's Homepage
KEVIN - Your statement is not true. Shell threatened to cut off RUby sites long ago but I still have many running Ruby only. (some G-sites too) Some Exxons running Ruby only too.
Fatboy - the other guys are right - your time is wrong or you are using the positive from one pair of wires and the negative from another pair because you didn't trace out the wiring after you pulled the old pumps like my guys did.
Go to Top of Page

shanemeco

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  15:24:17  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by cantdrive55

KEVIN - Your statement is not true. Shell threatened to cut off RUby sites long ago but I still have many running Ruby only. (some G-sites too) Some Exxons running Ruby only too.
Fatboy - the other guys are right - your time is wrong or you are using the positive from one pair of wires and the negative from another pair because you didn't trace out the wiring after you pulled the old pumps like my guys did.

I agree. We just installed a Sapphire at a Ruby only Shell site this week. We also still have several Exxon locations that are Ruby only, but I think they're being charged $250/mo. for not upgrading.
Go to Top of Page

fatboy

USA
1501 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  17:18:35  Show Profile
Man, I don't know how to thank all you guys for the "Excellent" info. Turns out it was exactly as shanemeco, cantdrive55, lewichris, said, "The Date and Time"!!! I had Absolutely NO Idea this even occurred !!!! DW Regional Mgr. Clued me in Today, after beatin' my Head against the wall. Turns out all the times were incorrect, apparently getting reset @ any given time ! Again thanks to everyone for responding The Question is when did this start and why ............ Never knew...........................

Go to Top of Page

fatboy

USA
1501 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  18:28:21  Show Profile
[/quote] Cantdrive55, didn't have any part of the construction @ this particular site and/or Electrical. Just the "Lucky" one picked to get rid of the "Morning-after" problems surfacing............ Funniest thing though, "Ruby's blamin' Wayne" & Vice/Versa.

Go to Top of Page

anajay

USA
650 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2011 :  14:30:35  Show Profile  Visit anajay's Homepage
Yep the IX utilizes Windows CE for its OS so guess what timed reboot everyday to keep things in check.

What me worry?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
Bookmark and Share
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Petroleum Equipment Forum © 2014 Petroleum Equipment Institute Go To Top Of Page
Register Now! XML Feed Follow us on Facebook RSS Feed Snitz Forums 2000